The silver in Earthpaste will not discolor your teeth.
Each tube of Earthpaste contains 2 parts per million (ppm) of nano silver. That means silver only makes up .0002% of each tube.
That's a very small and safe amount. But no matter what the amount, nano silver doesn't discolor teeth. Quite the opposite, actually.
Nano silver has a variety of oral health benefits. Studies show that nano silver's small particle size allow it to penetrate cell membranes more effectively and perform more antimicrobial functions.
What does this mean for oral health? Well, bad breath, cavities, and gum infections are all the result of bacteria and other problematic microbes in the mouth. So, a toothpaste with a little nano silver can help your mouth win the daily battle against these critters.
When taken internally, nano silver isn’t metabolized by the body and is easily excreted without any residual buildup.
Still have questions? Reach out and let us know. We’re here to help!
Want to learn more about the benefits of nano silver and our new Earthpaste formula? We thought you might, so here are some resources to check out:
- Article: Silver nanoparticles in dentistry
- Article: Efficacy of a silver colloidal gel against selected oral bacteria in vitro
- Article: Silver Nanoparticles in Dental Biomaterials
- Article: Nanosilver as a new generation of nanoproduct in biomedical applications
- Article: Silver nanoparticles as an effective disinfectant: A review
- Blog Post: Is Colloidal Silver Good for Your Teeth?