Magnesium is an essential electrolyte that supports muscle function, nerve function, and provides energy to your cells.
We include magnesium in our Re-Lyte products because it's an essential electrolyte that performs some pretty important jobs for your body. It helps provide energy to your cells, supports the contraction and relaxation of muscles, and promotes proper neurological functioning.
Magnesium is one of several electrolytes you lose in your sweat, so it’s important to replenish it regularly if you’re active. If you don’t and your levels get low, you could experience symptoms like fatigue, muscle cramps, muscle weakness, high blood pressure, heart arrhythmia, anxiety, and depression.
Some of the magnesium in our Re-Lyte products occurs naturally in our unrefined, ancient sea salt Real Salt. But we also add a 50/50 blend of magnesium malate and magnesium glycinate. There are a few important benefits to these forms of magnesium over other forms of magnesium.
- Magnesium glycinate contains an amino acid (a building block for protein) called glycine that supports brain health, eases stress, and reduces anxiety.
- Magnesium malate helps keep blood sugar in balance. Plus, it contains malic acid, an amino acid that promotes muscle strength and recovery to help you power through those tough workouts.
Both of these types of magnesium are lighter on your stomach and more easily absorbed by your body. The magnesium we currently use is sourced both in the U.S. and abroad and is made following Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMPs) guidelines that ensure its identity, strength, quality, and purity.
Want to learn more about the benefits of magnesium? Check out these resources:
- Blog Post: Magnesium Benefits: Everything You Need to Know
- Article: 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Magnesium
- Article: Why do we need magnesium?
- Article: Top 6 health benefits of magnesium