Taurine can support healthy muscle function during workouts and help stimulate your metabolism.
Taurine is an essential amino acid that's found naturally in foods like meat and fish, as well as throughout your body. It's in your muscles and brain, along with many other organs. It plays an important role in a bunch of bodily functions, including regulating calcium levels, balancing electrolytes, supporting your nervous system, and aiding your immune system.
Taurine also helps promote proper muscle function during a workout, which is why we included it in Re-Lyte Pre-Workout. In fact, taurine has a lot of workout-related benefits that make it a great supplement to take before you sweat. It:
- Helps reduce muscle damage and soreness.
- Supports fat burning while exercising.
- Helps stimulate the metabolism.
- Supports healthy muscle growth.
- Promotes reduced fatigue during long exercise sessions.
- Helps regulate muscle contractions.
In a 2015 study, researchers found that taurine may control muscle metabolism. That means it could help the cells in your muscle tissue absorb more energy, which would allow your muscles work harder. These researchers also noted that taurine may even be able to restore muscle function in people with muscular disorders.
Research also shows that low taurine levels may be linked to cardiomyopathy, a condition that causes the heart to work faster than it should. That means taurine could help support healthy heart function.
Want to learn more about the benefits of taurine? Check out these resources:
- Article: What Is Taurine? Benefits, Side Effects and More
- Article: How does taurine affect the body?